Addressing Ohio's Opioid Epidemic - VISTA Project
Are you interested in helping to develop solutions for Ohio’s opioid epidemic, working with local partners, and building capacity in communities throughout Ohio?
With support from the Corporation for National and Community Service, the OACBHA Foundation is working with local ADAMH Boards and partner organizations to develop a statewide VISTA project designed to impact the opioid epidemic in Ohio.
Through this project, VISTA members will serve with community organizations throughout Ohio. The VISTA members will:
- Develop community outreach opportunities;
- Research and write educational materials and papers related to opioid addiction, promising prevention approaches, treatment, and recovery supports;
- Build partnerships with other community organizations working to address the opiate epidemic by supporting the implementation of the County Hubs to Combat Opioid Addiction; and
- Conduct philanthropic research on potential supporters for community organizations working to address the opioid epidemic and participate in grant development and grant-writing processes.
Learn more about the VISTA program - Is AmeriCorps VISTA right for You?
Statewide Opioid Project VISTA Leader - Posting Information
Statewide Opioid Project VISTA Leader
Peer Recovery Support Coordinator - Posting Information
Peer Recovery Support Coordinator
VISTA Members will be serving at the following locations!
- ADAMHS Board of Adams, Lawrence, Scioto Counties - Adams, Lawrence, Scioto Counties Opiate Hub Coordinator
Butler County Mental Health and Addiction Recovery Board - Public Relations, Data Input, & Analysis Coordinator
- Community Action Commission of Fayette County - Fayette County Prevention Coalition VISTA
- Crawford-Marion Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services - Addressing Crawford-Marion's Opioid Epidemic
- Cuyahoga County ADAMHS Board - Community Relations and Engagement Specialist
- Fairfield County ADAMH Board - Addressing Ohio's Opiate Epidemic - Fairfield County VISTA
- Lorain ADAS Board - Lorain County Opioid Action Team Community Engagement VISTA
- Lucas County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board - Opiate Hub Planning Specialist
- Hancock County Board of ADAMHS - Hancock County Opiate Task Force - Public Info Coordinator
- Mahoning County Mental Health & Recovery Board - Mahoning County Community Planning and Education VISTA
- McKinley Hall - Clark County Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment, and Supports Coalition
- Ohio Northern University - Addressing Substance Use and Behavioral Health Mobile Clinic
- Ohio Recovery Housing - Ohio Recovery Housing VISTA
- The Ohio State University - Assistant Coordinator for Opioid Policy and Research
- Pickaway Addiction Action Coalition (Berger Health Foundation) - Pickaway Addiction Action Coalition VISTA
- Public Children Services Association of Ohio - Ohio Sobriety, Treatment, and Reducing Trauma (START) Program
- Summit County ADM Board - Recovery-Oriented System of Care Coordinator
Additional Information about AmeriCorps VISTA
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA FAQs
Should you have any questions about OACBHA’s VISTA project or any of the opportunity listings on this page, please contact Liz Henrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614)224-1111.